Thursday, January 24, 2008

Creating a habit and being patient

I woke up late this morning. I laid in bed and considered going back to sleep, just not going out today. It's so cold. I absolutely HATE January. I've lived here my whole life. You would think, by now, that I would have gotten over it. I gradually decided that I just have to do it. I'm afraid if I stop now that I just won't do it again. I got halfway home this morning before I even thought about what I was doing. I guess that means this is becoming a habit. It's just part of what I do.

I think the scales are starting to waver in my favor. I don't think I've lost much weight but I'm starting to. It's only been a few days so I don't expect much yet. In the interview I heard the other day Susan Powter said that the human body can only process 2 pounds of fat per week. I'd never heard that before. I'll have to do some research to see where that comes from. I have also heard that lean muscle weighs less than fat (or is it that it has less volume?) and it's possible to convert fat to muscle. I wonder if that's into account in the statement. I've seen people lose so much weight in just a few months, not on 'fad' diets; but just by making lifestyle changes. I'd like to think I could lose a bit more than 2 pounds a week at least to begin with. I must admit I'm into the whole 'instant gratification' thing and waiting is hard!

I remember now what it was! You can lose inches without losing weight. I think I saw that on Fat March or Dr Oz on Oprah maybe. In any event... I can't stand waiting so I'm glad I'm seeing physiological changes - that should keep me satisfied for a few days until I (hopefully) see some weight loss.

No comments: